Friday, December 17, 2004

Sensing The Eternal




I need to be reminded that even what I blog somehow matters eternally, both to me and to others. 

 And the way I conduct myself around family and strangers, matters, too. Excellence just plain matters. Not a stressed-out, obsessive straining to be perfect--no! But rather, a sort of paying attention to details. If I'm going to say I'm a Christian, I can't be racing through my life not paying attention. Not taking care to notice what I'm doing.

I think words and deeds matter in an eternal sort of way. I can't even explain all the details as to just why. I just, well, believe when we arrive in Heaven we'll feel grateful if we lived our best life.

And today I want to act as though my words and deeds--and excellence--matters. Tom will be home all day and we'll probably drive around and run errands out in this stressful, December-crazed world. May I remember to remain calm and unhurried, even if the whole world is racing at the speed of light around me.

And speaking of light, may I remember that I'm to be a light wherever I go. A light shining in the darkness.



******
In the world to come, I shall not be asked, "Why were you not Moses?" I shall be asked, "Why were you not Zusya?" ... Rabbi Zusya



1 comment:

Saija said...

i totally agree with you . . . and there are "unseen" hosts watching us, the way we behave even when "the world" isn't watching . . .

hope you & Tom had a lovely day together . . . :o)