Sunday, December 12, 2004

Choosing Words





...As an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord....Above all, my brothers, do not swear–not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Let your “Yes” be yes, and your “No,” no, or you will be condemned..." James 5:10,12

Hmmm.Some Christian bloggers lately have been swearing like crazy.

I don't get it.

Can you fill me in as to why this is suddenly ok? Really, I am trying to understand the reasoning behind it--I keep failing. I can never, ever, imagine Jesus speaking such words. Especially--especially!--in front of women.

Did I miss the heavenly memo that floated down from the sky and said, "Christians no longer must be imitators of Christ. Go ahead and be in the world and of it, too. Signed, God."?

Well, whatever. As for me and my blog, we will remain curse free.



******



Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord... Hebrews 12:14

Profanity is the crutch of a conversational cripple. ~ Jay Alexander

Wherefore come out from among them, and be separate, says the Lord... II Corinthians 6:17


******

1 comment:

Saija said...

i was wondering the same, after visiting a blog that usually blesses my heart . . . this time there was the use of profanity, but it looked like JUST for the sake of "i can do this, so i will" type of thing????

i don't get it either, my bible speaks about "how can bitter water flow out of a pure well" type of thing???

when i read this particular blog, i thought it was a case of men acting like boys . . . a little rebellion thrown in, to see the reaction ...

*sigh* . . . i don't get "it" sometimes . . . that's why i like to come visit you, Debra . . . you already voice the thoughts that i am thinking - and it seems to validate that i was on the right track . . . let's just pray for these folks, if God's Spirit wasn't in the talk - then God's Spirit will also convict . . .

blessings on your Sunday!!! . . . saija