Thursday, December 02, 2004

My Own "Too Busy List"




By now you probably know I'm a bit ambivalent toward this whole December/Christmas thing...

So this morning I am making a list to keep myself balanced and in line this December.


I Am TOO DARN BUSY If I Don't Have Time To:

... feed the backyard birds

... email my good friends

... address a few Christmas cards

... write in this blog

... watch a few Christmas movies

... read a few Christmas stories

... go out to a coffee shop

... smile at strangers

... be courteous in traffic

... pray, pause and just BE

... have my morning quiet time

... go out to lunch or a movie with Tom

... donate money/gifts to charity

... play with my cats

... call a friend

... listen to Christmas music

... bake some cookies


There.

Sounds like a lot, but it isn't. It's my 'skeleton list' and it's do-able, but only if I keep my priorities straight. That's the secret.

And it's something else to add to my Christmas For Dummies book. Like I said, I need all the help I can get...


May your December be filled with child-like wonder...





******

4 comments:

Cindy Swanson said...

Excellent list, Debra! That sounds like something I should shoot for this holiday season, too. By the way, I looked at the pics of your house...BEAUTIFUL!!! Should be in a decorating magazine.

Jammie J. said...

Ohh, good list. That reminds me, I need to go refill my bird feeder. Thanks!

Saija said...

good list, Debra! by the looks of it, i'm still doing fine . . . :o) . . . saija

Debra said...

Thanks for your comments, Ladies!
Cindy--I'm glad you liked the pictures of my house. Thanks for your kind words--I wish you could come visit me for tea. But please do keep visiting me here.
I'm on my way to visit you at your blog--each of you, Ladies. :o) God bless... Debra