Monday, December 20, 2004

Christmas Eyes




I went surfing my blogroll this morning as usual and thought I'd bring back this delightful post about children for you. Enjoy.

Her post brought this to mind:

"You tear apart the baby's rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived could tear apart. Only faith, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding." ... Francis P. Church


I want no veils hiding from me all the beauty and glory beyond. Whatever is beautiful and from God--may I see it.

May cynicism never train my eyes to find the one wrong thing in an other-wise perfect room or situation. May negativity never blind me to what only the hopeful can see.

May I not give voice to a sad story when another person shares a happy one. May I not spoil another's joy.

May I anticipate more good things, not bad ones, when Life feels 'too good.'

May my imagination never creak to a stop due to rust caused by tears and inactivity.

May my good thoughts and words be endless, like long, long strings of white lights wrapped around the circle of this Earth.

And if I err, may it always happen over on the positive side.

******


"The hour is swept and garnished;
The walk has been brushed,
and the stair;
The crystal and silver are gleaming
But oh, is the Christ Child there?"
...Lela Bassford




***

1 comment:

Saija said...

thanx Debra . . . your thoughts are right along the way i try to life my life . . . it is always good to be reminded - to stay on that positive path . . . and i'm glad you went surfing - i enjoyed the blog you found . . . there are so many good ones out there . . .

have a super day . . . i must go wake leo so he can take his next set of pills . . .