Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Book



At least four of my blogging friends are currently writing books.

Four!

Now, Old Debra would have been, like, "Must. Write. Book. Also." You know, to keep-up. To be as good as. To compete (though she wouldn't have admitted that.)

But New Debra, the one God has spent 16 long, interesting years remaking? She'll not be writing a book just because her friends are. No. She did, though, ask God, "Are you sure you still don't want me to write a book?"

And well, He said, "No. No book. Not yet."

Hmm. So much for that.

Life is so much simpler when I do only those things God gives me the strength, desire and courage to do. Otherwise, it's all uphill, and frankly, I prefer level paths. In all areas, actually.

Besides, I've already written my book, my 'letter to the world,' as Emily D. put it.

You're reading it. Eighteen hundred posts, and counting, about my life. And unless God whispers otherwise, this will be it. This will be my legacy. 

And this will be more than enough.




******


"Teach me your way, oh Lord. Lead me on a level path..." ... Psalm 27:11


Psalm 40:2

He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.


*****

3 comments:

susanwalkergirl said...

Amen...and thank you for sharing your wisdom and God's leading. It's so easy to get on the wrong track when looking at others or through the encouragement of well meaning friends and family.

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Can you just imagine the amount of trees that would have to be cut down, if I were to write a book.

Those familiar with my blog know, I AM LONG WINDED! ;0)

I'm saving the trees by blogging.
That's my story & I'm sticking to it!!!

Dapoppins said...

I am a would be writer too. I have scads of half written stories, scads of characters sitting in my head waiting for their turn on the page.

But I don't get to write a book either. At least not now. And likely not about any of those characters.

But that is okay. He gives me lots of other things to write that are way better.