Saturday, July 17, 2010

More Down On The Farm Pictures


Don't you just love sunflowers? They tickle my mind with thoughts of good memories and fun weekends.



These are my poor ol' farm shoes right before I threw them away. They served me well for probably six years, walked me over hundreds of miles during strolls in our former neighborhood, dark morning walks to our mailbox for the newspaper and miles behind our lawnmower here on the farm. I am not a 'shoe woman', I own probably just 5 pair of shoes, but I will miss these old faithfuls.




I bought this bowl at a yard sale because it reminded me of Peter Hunt and his young artists (a terrific website if you enjoy stories of searches for personal treasures). I first got to know Peter in Betty Cavanna's book, Paintbox Summer, a book I own and reread every single summer. Highly recommended if you can find it.



Found this dishtowel and one with a different embroidered design at a yard sale, too. As with sunflowers, these dishtowels also bring happy retro times to my mind.




Hot, sticky summer days. We're in the middle of those and I'm trying not to complain away their steaminess, lest winter arrive without my appreciating all the sunny months before it.

Happy hot summer days to you...



******

3 comments:

Judy said...

Beautiful sunflowers! Even the leaves are spectacular.

I only have about five pair of shoes also. I have a strong attachment to my favorites.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Lovely pictures............Isn't every single day, every single minute, really, a wonderful gift.

Donetta said...

Great finds
love the flowers
Ice tea :) or lemon aide