Saturday, July 14, 2007




Today while Tom slept (back to work for him last night), I drove my friend, Laura, to a belated birthday lunch at that 1950-ish hamburger stand on the river. I mysteriously drove her there, uttered not one hint about our destination. I assumed she'd eaten there before, but alas, she hadn't and it was a double delight that she loved this tiny place, too, with its deck and umbrella-topped tables.

So with all my recent adventures during Tom's days off, I've again, stepped back from this blog, lest every thought in my head begins with, "How shall I describe this activity/thought/journey in my blog?". You know, that nagging voice which makes you feel as though you must Tell All to your readers, lest, well, I don't know lest what, exactly. 

Gee, that voice! It becomes insistent at times.

Anyway, how lovely to just live! To not be how I was for years--planning to live. Meditating, reading or teaching people about living, but not actually doing much living, myself.

And whew, I love not cringing over whether God is mad at me because I turned right when I should have turned left. You know, no more postponing happiness as in, "I'll be glad when ___ is over." Or "I'll be happy when I finally get ______."

But being happy now.

Yes, how much better to celebrate even imperfect days and no longer wait for bigger events or a better, more deserving me.

No, may I just gather joy today and scatter it all around while I can.



******

No comments: