Friday, November 10, 2006

re:Politics


(Because I know you are just dying to know where I stand...)

"Happy is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the Lord his God..." Psalm 146:5

I have been smiling a lot since Tuesday, Election Day.

"Because your favorite political party did well?", you ask?

Uh, no.

No, I've been smiling because I've heard many people say that now they have hope that things will change. Our Country will change. For the better. "Happy days are here again" appears to be the song sung across our land.

And that's what makes me not only smile, but laugh, as well.

Because, as for me and my house, we will not put our hope in any political party.

We will put our hope in God.

And according to His Word, things are right on schedule. Things are going just as He said they would long, long ago. The plan, His plan, is being carried out right before our eyes.

My hope is in God. And that is why I am happy and am singing songs of my own. God is not, while sitting up in Heaven, worried out of His skull about how things are going on Earth. And well, I refuse to sit down here and worry about that, too.

And it is well with my soul, even though it is far from well out there in this big old, tired world.


***
"Why do the nations assemble with commotion, and why do the people imagine an empty scheme?
The kings of the earth take their places; the rulers take counsel together against the Lord and His Anointed One. They say, Let us break their bands asunder and cast Their cords from us.
He Who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord has them in derision [and in supreme contempt He mocks them]." Psalm 2:1-4

No comments: