Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Godzilla Days




Here in this blog I've talked about Fairy days, Nevada Days and who knows what other kind of days.

Lately I am having Godzilla Days. Ugh.

Turns out, this is no simple cold. No, this is the flu. Man, I can understand how elderly people die from this. I've fantasized about crawling beneath our bedroom dresser, lying flat, all the while hoping God would meet me there and whisk me away to Heaven, sick, ailing body and all. (Can you say 'delirious'?)

Yes, these are Godzilla days. My poor house looks like Godzilla trudged through it, and stepped back through the kitchen again. I, myself, look like the bride of Godzilla (think I'm kidding?).  And well, if Godzilla is a big, fat whiner, that's another resemblance.

And here's what might prove to be a helpful note: If you're looking for a stock to invest in, you may want to try Kleenex. Just trust me on this one.

But I'm grateful for one thing. 

Although I have phone calls and emails piling-up, God is giving me a break. He's says He's not expecting me to take care of all these loose ends at this moment of sickness. He knows exactly how horrible I'm feeling and that I'm able only to curl up in my chair and try to stay warm as I watch tv with Tom (he with the arm in the sling).

Again and again I must give myself that same permission. I keep wanting to push myself to answer those emails, phone calls and errands yet almost hourly I remind myself that--even on good days--God only expects me to do what He gives me the grace to do. That's all.

God doesn't stress me out. I do that to myself.

And over and over in my near-delirious state, I keep reminding myself of that.


***

A very special thanks to each of you who left comments after reading my last post.Please keep praying(she says as she drags herself up the stairs, slow step by slow step, in her greatest, dramatic form. Where are the Oscar people when you need them?) Heh.

No comments: