Sunday, December 12, 2004

Enchanted By Prancer



Don't laugh, but, I've probably seen the movie, Prancer, 15 times.

Child-like enchantment rubs away the harsh barnacles this negative world tries to latch onto me. And when Jessica hangs paper reindeer across her bedroom window while her Christmas album is spinning, I want to string reindeer in my own bedroom and play Christmas records, with her. 

I find myself wanting Three Oaks, Michigan to be just like the movie portrays it. I'd love to visit lonely Cloris Leachman in her brick mansion there on a snowy afternoon and help her clean her mysterious, magically-cluttered room. Oh, I'd take trips up to her attic and string bright old Christmas lights like a rainbow spider web from rafters to stair rails, yes. Gladly.

I want Michael Constantine to be Santa at the little mall, Abe Vigoda to care for my farm's sick cows and Sam Elliot to live in the wall-papered farmhouse, especially after he has softened toward life and toward Jessica, because he has regained hope.

Oh and I want Prancer to eat gorgeous, yummy-looking Christmas cookies for breakfast.

And through the amazing Rebecca Harrell, as Jessica, I get to do all that every December. Even in July if I so choose.

Two reviews of this movie are here and here. I've worn-out two videos and now it is time to buy the DVD. See you over at Amazon.com.

And I'll see you over at snowy Three Oaks, Michigan where I'll be helping Jessica string her paper reindeer across her moonlit bedroom window. Drop by and help us. You can flip the Christmas record album over when it's time to listen to the other side.



******


Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blue prints of your ultimate achievements... Napoleon Hill


***

No comments: