Friday, May 01, 2015

On This May Day



“Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.” 
―  Eckhart


******



Can you believe this is our 4th Springtime at Hobbit Cottage? Seems unlikely to me, even, except when I wander beside my 5 garden beds and recall how, in 2011, not a one of them existed. 

But today because I've 'if-only-you-knew-how-slowly' sown into my yard, I've reaped less work and no Springtime shopping for plants (so far). My mint and forget-me-nots, chives, white ground cover (whose name I can never recall), primroses, strawberry plants, oregano, blueberry bushes, parsley, sunflowers, peonies, daylilies, roses, ivy, hostas, chives, dill, lilac bush, daisies, tulips, green onions, 'wedding plant' and mums are popping out their green leaves, happily awakening after our brutal, long winter.

And trust me, moving slowly--if that's the best you can do--pays. It's not moving at all which reaps nothing (or a bunch of weeds only).

Do the little you can--and turn it into playtime. This is how I live.







**********


While currently watching episodes of Restaurant Impossible and Kitchen Nightmares, I've reached this conclusion:

It's beyond tragic when people:

Don't know God.
Don't know themselves.
Don't know what God created them to do upon this Earth.
Don't know how to be led by anything other than pride.


How woefully sad to create a disaster kind of life. 



*********


"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall."  ...Proverbs 16:18


"Inch by inch, anything's a cinch."   ... copied


"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."   ... Galations 6:9



*********



Oh wow. Did you see this house created out of an old vintage Speak Easy? When I'm not loving Kim's Daisy Cottage style, I'm loving this style. 

Be still my heart. (There are *many* photos, be sure not to click away too soon.)  :)


**********


Today an incredible thing happened: I took the snow shovel from beside the backdoor and stored it away out in the garage.

Only if you live in snow country do you understand the exciting significance of that.



*********



Free Kindle Books:


A Cast of Stones

Daily Wisdom for Women

Summer of Promise

Crazy Love

Cheapskate: Living and Loving It

Tiny House: Living and Loving It



**********



2 comments:

mabeane said...

Yup..putting the snow shovel away is a big deal. My husband bought a rake today! He is raking the gravel back into the door yard so the grass can grow. It has been a long hard winter but finally it has broken and the time to plant is upon us. I am envious of your small house and small planting area. We are moving in that direction hoping for the sale of our 70 plus acre farm and 4 bedroom farmhouse. I look at the realty ads and long for the one acre, small house place. In God's time I keep reminding myself. In God's time.

Debra said...

Jan--sounds like you really understand about the snow shovel! Praying you'll find just the right new home soon.... Blessings, Debra