Monday, October 14, 2013

Autumn From My Porch


“I loved autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it.” 
― Lee Maynard

********

Oh Saturday! I grabbed my camera to try to catch the gorgeous autumnal light gleaming all around our front porch woven among perfect temps with Chinese food on the way to our house, even. 


These sunny, sparkling days positively spoil me.


I try to soak them up, for dark days and snow loom ahead, afternoons when I'll rely upon lamps for light and yellow leaves will be only a golden memory.


But for now I'll peek between the trees down at the blue glimmering river, rejoicing that God thought-up autumn in the first place...


... and that I need not travel far for beauty, but simply sit in the theater seats of my front porch beholding a crystal-clear-autumn-slant-of-light world.



**********


“Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.” 
― Lauren DeStefanoWither


“Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves,
We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!” 
― Humbert Wolfe

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love fall also ! Looking forward to seeing some leaves changing color soon!

Anonymous said...

Autumn is hard to beat...and with Chinese food...even better!!
Elizabeth soon headed back to NC