Saturday, October 05, 2013

All, Being Well...


A cloudy, cool Saturday and a rare one because I'm home alone. Well, no, not alone really at all since God, Grace, Daniel and Sammy The Cats and all of you inside my computer are here, too. Quite a crowd, actually.

But Tom is winging his way to California to be with family, alone-though-not-really-alone because for me to fly requires weeks of working up to it and I didn't have weeks nor Grace, either. And at my age? No Grace = Count On It Trouble.

So anyway, all of us are hanging-out watching tv (me still in my pj's ...shhh...),  eating fresh pineapple and a quesadilla and thinking about Life, houses and how blessed we felt at all your condolences about Tom's dad. We just finished watching the farewell to Ziva episode of NCIS so we're still a little teary-eyed, yet happy her release was handled as it was. Believable, at least to me (Daniel The Cat isn't sure he liked it, though. heh).

What I've discovered in the past 20 years? When you have God and you love Him more than anything or anyone else, most of the time it is absolutely well with your soul, whether it's well with your circumstances or not...

... and that makes Life a downright amazing experience. All the time.

  

*********

Both Tom and I do thank you for your condolences here, in emails and at Facebook... what a treasure!


*********

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'"   ... Mark 12:30

3 comments:

Terra said...

Your autumn photo is blazing in beauty and great blessings to your hubby as he travels.

Yellowhouse Grandma said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. It's good to know he is in heaven. I made that comment to my friend recently about someone who had just passed on. She said, well, I don't know about that. Let's hope so. I told her knowing them I am sure of it. It is wonderful to have Hope and an assurance!

Robin in New Jersey said...

Hi Debra,

I'm sorry I missed your post about Tom's dad. I am so sorry for your loss. Give Tom my sincere sympathy.