Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Say Good-Bye to Insecurity

"... but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." II Corinthians 10:12

***

I've noticed something. When I accepted the simple talents God gave me--and stopped wishing for flashier ones--my days all turned more peaceful.

So here's a hint: Never let yourself feel insecure when your church friends are called to go on missions trips. Or when they get promoted to Church Committee Queen. Or when they feed 1,000,000 homeless people or mail 3 bazillion shoe boxes full of toys to Ochoocoochoo or sing the big solo at the Christmas Eve service.

Even if you were to do those things, it wouldn't count with God. It wouldn't matter at all because He never called you to do them and so He wouldn't be doing those things through you, anyway.

He is so not all about numbers or being flashy or envied by crowds. Uh, no. He's all about love and obedience.

So just love and obey and be thrilled with your simple talents because it's through those gifts that God will weave Himself through you and reach out His hands to touch others. He'll do that through you.

And it doesn't get any better than that.



****************

To be sung to the tune of Let It Snow:

"Let it go, let it go, let it go...."


(Sing over and over until the words become reality.)


*****************


"... and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags..." ... from Isaiah 62:6

5 comments:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Oh Debra~ What words of wisdom today. It is so easy to fall into that trap of thinking that some talents are worth more than others, but when we keep our focus on God and do as he directs us to do - no matter how small is big in his sight! Praise God!
Have a blessed day,
Lisa :o)

Unknown said...

Catchy tune and good words.

Michele said...

Thank you for posting this today... I needed it. :o)
Blessings to you!

Judy said...

Oh! I think I have a new favorite song!

Thanks. I needed this today.

Debra said...

Thanks, Everyone. I'm glad if this was confirmation of something you needed to hear today. It's one of those things I have to remind myself of, like, a lot. :) Blessings, Debra