Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Trust


Joy comes in the morning..

Last night I couldn't sleep right away. The loss of Skittles had been too overwhelming, not just for me, but for each of us inside this house.

But then just as I finally drifted off to sleep, I saw something. Perhaps a vision. Maybe a dream.

I saw myself suspended in the center of a square of pure white light. The light was holding me up--I was watching myself from outside the box of light and simultaneously I was inside the light. In two places at once.

Then I heard a loving, but firm voice say, "Skittles is Fine."

And I knew that Fine meant Healthy.
Happy.
In a Good Place.

I tried looking through the light for Skittles, but I couldn't see her. And I realized I was to trust that she was somewhere farther inside depths of the light.

I was to trust the voice I'd heard.

I was to trust God.

And that's when the comfort came pouring in.

No wonder God says we must come to Him as a little child. Being a child is all about trust. Everyday of our childhood requires that we trust someone for things we do not understand.

There is a God-sent contentment in the center of trust. And I've learned there is no trust without unanswered questions.

I've learned that I'm not to venture out into frustration by trying to figure out what God does not yet want me to know. But instead, to trust that He'll show me what I need to see the very moment I need to see it.





***
Again, I want to thank all of you so much for your prayers for me and my family at this difficult time. We appreciate your concern far more than you realize.

"And He said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." ... Matthew 18:3,4


***

No comments: