Monday, February 28, 2005

Speaking of Movies....


Well, I didn't watch the Academy Awards last night if that's what you're wondering.

 The movies I like best so rarely cause a ripple. And well, as a rule I don't like movie award shows, partly because movies are subjective as is a person's acting ability. But let's not go there now.

Anyway, I watched Big Fish, instead. Give me a film flooded with imagination and whimsy any day. I've watched this movie probably four times and I love one of its messages--if we accept people right where they are, we'll enjoy them tons more.

Only God can change a person, so in the meantime, why not learn from their good traits and pray about their negative ones?

Well, that's part of what I get out of Big Fish. Oh, and the town of Specter enchants me. I'd love to live there, bare feet and all.

I can't recommend Big Fish without a few reservations, though. I wouldn't recommend it for pre-teens due to some language and partial nudity. (Don't say I didn't warn you.)

Did any of you see this movie and like it?

Oh and is everyone aware of TV Guardian? It filters bad language out of tv shows, movies, videos and DVD's. You can read about it here. They can be found for a good price at Walmart online and other places as well.




******

No comments: