Thursday, February 17, 2005

It Matters


It matters that I pause a lot
In my day--
Find that quiet place--
And listen to God...

And hear from Him
Where to go and what to say
And write and do for others.

It matters that
When I want one thing
And God wants another--
I choose what He wants.
Otherwise, by my journey's end
I'll be far off course--
Like a ship traveling
Just a few degrees off--
And then awaken
To discover myself languishing
In foreign lands where
God never intended me to be--
Depressed and struggling there
Without my companion, Grace.

It matters that I don't choose
Good Enough over Best--
That I don't keep batting away
God's hand when He tries to
Grip the ship's wheel
In difficult seas.

It matters that I stay on course--
Not skipping days of reviewing
God's travel itinerary for me--
Saying I'm following His plans
And yet, in reality,
Following my own.

It matters that I pause a lot
In my day--
Find that quiet place--
And listen to God.

No comments: