Friday, November 26, 2004

Shifting Into Christmas Gear



And so it begins today. This mind-set in which all thoughts and all roads lead to Christmas.

Part of me loves Christmas. Part of me, er, uh, hates it. (Yes, I, Mrs. June Cleaver Wannabe, said that.)

I'm not alone in preferring non-holiday days--am I?

Give me the other 345 (or so) days of the year to choose how I want to make them special. Give me an ordinary, oh-hum day to turn into one never-to-be-forgotten. Forget the stress, forget the pressure, forget that oh-so-crowded December calendar page. Day-by-day creativity and a sense of purpose--that's my challenge of choice.

Of course, I'll play along and do Christmas again this year. But as always, at that slower pace. To that beat of a Different Drummer.

I especially love walking slowly in front of those Christmas-crazed-minded folks I see careening down store aisles. You never know which of them may stop to pause for a breath--maybe even a revelation--when they almost trip over me.





Jesus is the reason for the Season.......

Brighten the corner where you are...copied


***

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen to that. I love reading your posts. Keep it up.

Debra said...

Hi Vandamonium--Thanks so much for your very encouraging comment. I really appreicate it. God bless... Debra