Saturday, November 20, 2004

My Choice



When I stand before God someday, will I hear, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant!"?

Or will it be more like, "Man, did you ever mess up!"?  シ

It's up to me. Well, pretty much. There will be no one kneeling beside me who I can blame for my wrong choices. My choices are mine.

Today there is only me standing before God, too.

It's time to stop blaming and instead, start living today with God's strength, not mine. His ways, not mine. His thoughts, not mine. His love, not mine. His forgiveness, not mine.

Just for today. One day at a time.

With Him, that is possible. With Him, all things are.

Gotta run! I need to start living as though today matters. Because it does, you know.


******


2 comments:

Michael said...

I think he'll give me a hug and tell me that he loves me.

Take care
Michael

Debra said...

Hi Michael... Oh yes, that will be the best part! But I think that will come after this: "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God..." Romans 14:12

--and this --

"But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken..."Matthew 12:36. I don't want to live a sloppy life now and pay for it later in embarrassment. But as always with anything I write, that's just how I feel. :o) God bless... Debra