Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Pink Sky Morning



I sat at my morning table and was surrounded by windows framing a quiet pink sky. So quiet--I think some people missed it. I thought, "I'm glad I saw the sunrise."

I don't want to miss anything.

When I get to Heaven I think Jesus will ask me, "Did you receive all the presents I sent you?

The leaves, like confetti, making your sidewalks golden,
The husband who took care of you,
The daughter of your love together,
The home with its rooms in autumn colors,
The trees tapping against your windows,
The soups cooking on your stove, scenting the air, inside and out,
The beds where you slept and dreamed beneath blankets,
The friends who made your heart smile,
The cats who nestled in your chairs,
The old, worn books upon your shelves,
The church bells which called Me to remembrance."

I want to be able to tell Him, "Yes, each present you sent me arrived safely. And I loved--and recognized-- each one."






"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
~ Melody Beattie ~





***

3 comments:

Cindy Swanson said...

Debra, I love your blog! I discovered it through Dianne's "Unfinished Work" blog. This will become a regular visit for me...added you to my blogroll. Hope you'll visit mine!

Debra said...

Thanks Cindy! It's always great to hear from new folks. I'll be sure to visit your blog-- I'm on my way over there now. Hope to see you here again soon! God bless... Debra

jmbollman said...

i don't want to miss anything either. i'm always especially excited to witness the sunrise...because i'm not a morning person it's rare that i do. beautiful post.