Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Intending To Miss Nothing Wonderful


"Behold, all things have become new..."


******


The poor ol' Fed Ex guy carried my always-heavy box of canned cat food to our front porch and, after he drove away, I opened our red door and stepped outside and suddenly stopped.

I gazed around at the old homes and the construction workers two doors down and our green hedges and potted plants and felt that 1960's-esque hush of early afternoon sun and air and whispered, "Oh wow. It's too wonderful. Again."

With God added to the mix it's all too glorious to bear. And when I reach Heaven? I plan to tell Him I noticed everything; each remarkable, simple-but-awesome moment designed to spin my head with gratitude.

May I suggest something if you're not quite feeling that way today? Set down the complaints about politics, summer heat, money woes, the humanly flawed media or the kids' worrisome behavior--kick them away or bury them, even. We can't squeeze both complaints and gratitude and have joy come pouring out. 

Ain't gonna happen. So release what gives you headaches and bad days. Please.

Then hold out your hands and ask God to fill them with gratitude. Ask for new eyes and attitudes and newness of Life. Go for it. Ask, ask, ask. Ask and you will receive.

Then watch the good that happens. Miss nothing.







*****


"You do not have because you do not ask God."  ...  James 4:2


"... just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too may walk in newness of life."   ... Romans 6:4


******


Want a terrific place to take your new eyes?  Go here and see what happened to Naomi during her last time drumming on the streets of Nashville. Wow. Not something she'll forget soon. Nor I.



******




Ok, you'll laugh, but someday I'd like to magically find myself down on the Buffalo Waterfront sitting beside Shark Girl for a photo:



Yeah, you'd love to see that, too, wouldn't you?  :)





******


Free Kindle Books:


Red-Tailed Rescue

A Million Steps

The Strange Ways of Providence in My Life



******


7 comments:

Tracy said...

I periodically have moments like that, Debra! Last week, it was in my backyard. I was sitting out there and looked around at the millions of leaves on the trees and the grass and just sighed in contentment. I love my yard. I love my home. I love my family. :)

Elizabeth said...

I have moments like that too, I think the older we get the more of those we have,another nice thing about getting older! I loved Naomi's video!

Bonnie said...

I would gladly sit by shark girl. Too funny!

Pam said...

It IS a wonderful life if we open our eyes and look for it. I really enjoyed watching Naomi's YouTube clip, too. Beautiful children--beautiful voices--beautiful drummer.

Robin in New Jersey said...

I saw your daughter's video yesterday. Now that was really neat!

I say head on down and get your picture taken with shark girl!

mabeane said...

Wow! Naomi and the kids were fabulous!

Karla said...

What a wonderful reminder to stop and be mindful and grateful!