Saturday, March 07, 2015

Today I'll Send You Somewhere New


Oh the years, the Sunday afternoons (mostly) when I've searched for exquisitely-written blogs. Blogs that, yes, make mine appear like a second grader's What I Did On My Vacation essay. 

Seriously, that's what I've needed. Craved. Writing that challenges me to stop fooling around and get serious.

My favorite blogger of all-time, Kelly Ann, left years ago to raise her family (the nerve! heh) and oh, the weekends I've clicked through blogs, Christian and non, attempting to discover bloggers whose writing style makes me hang my head as Kelly's did. Writing that, even so, challenges me to become better.

Friday, I finally found that writer.

I mean, after only 4 paragraphs I sniffled. True, I was listening to Patty Griffin, whose songs could make me cry while perusing, say, Dave Barry. Yet while reading On Aging As a Couple, I felt that ache in my throat, that aha! Amy's put my whispy, impossible-to-grab, can't-form-them-into-actual-sentences words into a blog post. She's taken the thoughts from my head and expressed them better than I could. 

This is the kind of blogger I've waded through hundreds of blogs to find. And immediately, all those Sunday afternoon hours of searching became worth it. Giddy, grateful sigh.








(Thanks, Barbara, for sharing this cartoon at Facebook.)

*****


"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds..."  ... Hebrews 10:24


*****







“Becoming a writer is about becoming conscious. When you're conscious and writing from a place of insight and simplicity and real caring about the truth, you have the ability to throw the lights on for your reader. He or she will recognize his or her life and truth in what you say, in the pictures you have painted, and this decreases the terrible sense of isolation that we have all had too much of.” 
― Anne Lamott



“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” 
― Anton Chekhov





*****

Free Kindle books:


The Christmas Mail Order Bride

Riding on Faith

Billow Creek Bride

The Great Darkening

Etsy Selling Success

American Cookbook






No comments: