Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Lazy Woman Photography


“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” 
― Albert Camus

*****

On Sunday, Tom came down with a sinus-y/headache-y/flu-like thing, but Monday morning he prepared for work since he believed himself better. But just before leaving, he realized he was not, so he called in sick for the first time in 18 months. Well, in America, he said. Once while in S. Africa he spent a work day in his room due to not feeling well.

Anyway, that meant I had the car! And outside was sunny! So I traveled back to where we'd ventured on Saturday and took all the photos I'd thought were forever gone. And felt extremely blessed.

Though I'll warn you: I took them Lazy Woman Photographer Style, as in, only from the car windows and while stopping in the center of only 3 or 4 streets just one mile away from home. So please imagine the colors even brighter and the feeling of it all more ethereal, ok? (I hope you will enlarge them for a fuller effect.)

Oh, I am most grateful that God placed us in this beautiful state!





 













Happy Autumn to all my readers!




*****

“God will make a way when there seems to be no way."   ... copied

“I loved autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it.” 
― Lee Maynard


*****


My friend, Dolores, shared this at Facebook and how true! How very true.  :)



*****



Free Kindle books:


Let Them Eat Cake

One of Their Own

Thou Shalt Not Diet

2 comments:

lorie said...

Thank you so much for sharing these lovely photos. When I saw the one of the little house with the vines growing on it I thought "That's my house!" Of course it isn't but it's what I always picture in my mind.

Debra said...

Thank-you Dolores! I'm so glad you enjoyed these photos. (That's my house, also! :) There was a ton of red ivy on the side of the house nearly covering half the wall, but the street sign kept getting in the way of a good photo.) Blessings, Debra