Friday, September 05, 2014

Why Leave The Garden?


"And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail."   ...  Isaiah 58:11


... See? That's what I mean. We can live that way, always watered, even if the whole world is drying up and mean and anti-God. Doesn't matter. We've got a huge God with plans, even. Good ones :

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."   ... Jeremiah 29:11

... and that is why I stay away from anything or anyone who tries to drag me back to low, dark places with Dread heavy on the air. I won't let all that seep into my head.

Uh, no. Not going to 'pull a Lot's wife' by looking back. I'm staying right here in this garden where the waters never stop flowing and hopelessness and depression are only hazy memories of a life once lived in a lesser place. I'll invite people in, but I'll not let anyone pull me out.

Garden life. Nothing else will do. Not now, not ever again.



"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."   ... Romans 15:13

"I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways."   ... Psalm 119:15

*****


Really. God is incredible. Three weeks ago I bemoaned my past ruthlessness in letting go of a couple vintage Heloise books, books which immediately fill me with inspiration so strong that I race around cleaning the house like a good little homemaker.

Well. Guess what I found at Salvation Army? This:



These are the type of thoughts rolling around inside my head, these grateful, giddy thoughts of a God who cares about the tiniest requests from my heart.



*****

One of my favorite helpful hints from that book? If you need additional counter space, just open a drawer and place a cutting board over it. 

Is that cool or what?



*****

Whenever this song plays on my kitchen radio, I turn it up pretty loud. Hobbit Cottage loves this tune.  :)


*****


Check out the Savingstar Friday Freebie and Healthy Offer of the week here.



*****

Free Kindle books:


For a Lifetime

Garden Guide

You Were Always There







3 comments:

terricheney said...

And just this morning, as I shifted books about I held that same issue in my hands and thought, "Oh it's time to read this one again..."

Terra said...

I like your thoughts of staying in the garden, where we are meant to be, and that painting is charming.

Anonymous said...

Debra, I'm reading Clutters Last Stand, by Don Aslett. The cover says, It's time to De-Junk Your Life. Think I have a Heloise book,somewhere. Joyce