Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Most of My Thoughts Are About __________ .


My buddy, Dolores, shared that image at Facebook and oh, how true I've found those words to be.

Today if God is wanting to go deep within you to 'take out the trash' --let Him. Being positive and counting blessings on the surface, but still grasping negativity down deep, won't improve anything. Often they cancel each other out (and that's why lots of people say being positive didn't work for them).

Let it go. 

Forgive.  Give-up your right to be mad and--in humility--move on to true joy. Freedom in our heart and head are worth doing anything we must to remain free on a steady, daily basis.





*****



"Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God."   ...Philippians 4:6


"Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise."   ... Philippians 4:8

*****





I found this delightful cat bookend for $1 at a yard sale down our street:




This bud vase, for some reason, reminded me of old-fashioned authors writing their stories in bed with a rose upon their nightstand:



For whatever odd reason, I love ceramic leaves and found this one Saturday inside a home which--seriously--I'm thinking resembles my mansion in Heaven. Oh, the curved archways and sense of adventure in exploring rooms, small and large, off a main hall ...



And earlier this summer I found this very retro-looking tin:


*****


Free Kindle books:










2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful finds Debra! You are so right even when things are going very good in our lives there can still be pain deep inside from things long ago. I wish we could just erase those thoughts!

Debra said...

Elizabeth--good news! God can heal any pain we feel from hurts long ago or recent. It's usually a step by step process (though it can be suddenly, too) and He's so good at helping us through each step. He does all things well!

Glad you liked my finds... thanks for letting me know! Blessings, Debra