Monday, April 07, 2008




So guess who arose at 4 o'clock this morning to take her hubby to the airport for a business trip? Yawn. Yes, Debra. What a lovely drive home, though, (the long, non-thruway way, of course). Classical music adding mystery to the dark streets--and almost no traffic out there at 5:30!

I love knowing I can find my way home from most areas of Buffalo and all areas of Niagara Falls. For this rather chicken driver, that's HUGE.

And though I've done my share of complaining about our weather, well, there's just something about surviving another Buffalo winter--a sort of pioneer kind of pride about it. I remember one winter in Nevada when we had almost no snow and scant freezing weather and well--for the year's remainder--my world slanted on its axis. Inside of me, something felt all wrong because we'd experienced no winter harshness.

You never worry about that happening when you live in Buffalo. ツ

April! I always breathe easier and more deeply when April arrives and snow storms are less likely. All this week we're due for sunny 50, even 60 degree days. Yessss!  I shall glimpse robins soon and the trees will someday turn green again. How marvelous, the promise of Spring.

If I had nothing else to celebrate, April would be enough. 

But I thank God that I--and all the rest of us--have so much more to sing, laugh and skip around about.



******


Oh! I appreciate all your congrats so much. Thank-you!



******

4 comments:

Cindy Swanson said...

We've had a brutal winter here in Northern Illinois. For my "Thursday Thirteen" meme last week, I wrote 13 signs that you know winter has gone on too long! They were humorous, but some of them were more truth than humor! I'm loving days now that are 50 degrees or higher.

So cool about your farmhouse!

Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

You are a talented and busy bunch.

I loved the flowers!

Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thank you for your words, I gain from reading them.

So glad about the new home! Joy to you both!

daisymarie said...

ah, skipping! it makes me smile just to think about it.