Friday, January 04, 2008



Hi Everyone!

Well, Big Ol' Moving Day was yesterday and we survived (of course, it was the coldest day of the year, but alas, the sun shone and made all the difference). Although by evening, my lower back was so sore and I was sooo tired and I tried not to think about the disastrous shape our old house is still in and how we still have far, far too much junk over there to sort through. And all the work I'll have to do.

But I digress.

Spending the night in our new tiny place was great fun, well, except when the cats kept jumping on my bed, perhaps just to make certain I'd not left them alone in this strange place.

Speaking of cats, poor ol' Lennon refused to leave his carrier at first. The only trips he's taken in that thing were to the vet's office and you could tell he was thinking, "I just know there's a big, mean doctor around the corner simply waiting to poke me!" An hour later I literally dumped him out of the carrier, then he crouched into the laundry room where he hid for another hour.

What an embarrassment to the cat world.

McCartney, his sister, was a real trooper and searched every room three or four times before Lennon entered them even once.

Anyway, we'll have computer access over here at the old house for a few more days so I'll try to get some photos to you next time. Thanks so much for your wonderful comments! They make me smile and gladder than ever for each of you.

9 comments:

Saija said...

and the adventure continues!!!

daisymarie said...

I hope the heating pad is close and you can find some relief for your back. Silly kitties!

Jammie J. said...

Oh dear, yeah, cats aren't usually big on change. They'll adjust soon enough, though. :)

Just take it one step at a time, sounds like you're doing that, except when you're not. :P

David Warren Fisher said...

Debra:

It really was a beautiful day yesterday! I was thinking of you as we drove across Grand Island back to the Outlet Mall in Niagara Falls, NY. I was wondering if I could find your new place if I tried looking hard enough. I bet I could. Anyhow, I hope you settle well for the time that you have there. I'm looking forward to the photos.

Be encouraged, dear friend!

David

R said...

Congrats!

You are right down the road now, right? That's funny.

smilnsigh said...

YAAAAAAAA for being moved in.

Being moved out, will come. :-)

Wondering how many more days you have, till you really have to have all done, and hand over the key?

Mari-Nanci

Donetta said...

Welcome home:)

Judy said...

Oh, wow. You're there!

Loads of blessings to you in your new "Grace Place"!

Anonymous said...

your kitties are named after the beatles? i luv it!