Monday, April 10, 2006

When You Gotta Do What You Gotta Do




I like positive people. I need positive people and I wish I knew more of them.

Oh my. Give me more people who collect Touched By An Angel dvd's and who'd rather treasure what that series did, rather than tear and pick it apart for what it didn't say or do.

Give me friends who can, in a flash, list ten things they love about their spouse, instead of the things they hate.

Give me people who have problems, but still have godly, supernatural joy and those who don't dread cloudy days or Mondays or April 15th.

Or give me people who have the wisdom of an adult, but the faith of a child and those who say they're Christians and who, much of the time, react like Jesus might.

Well, you get the idea.

Sometimes you have to fight to stay above your problems, not under, defeated and kicked in the head by them.Other times you have to release the pestering, negative influences in your life, whether they're newspapers, a tv shows, or even friends.

Sometimes you have to fight to stay positive, even if that means you are misunderstood by people dear to you or struggle to stay up so that you're able to help friends who are down.

It takes a fighter to keep one's joy and thus remain strong. May we learn about the joy fight and may we win.


******


"Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life..." 1 Timothy 6:12

"...for the joy of the Lord is your strength and stronghold..." Nehemiah 8:10


******

No comments: