Saturday, April 08, 2006

Speaking of Movies...




Tom's away on a business trip so I'm foot-loose and fancy-free (as they say). 

It's fun being temporarily alone--I admit it. Getting up whenever I want and taking the car whenever and driving to cute shops I've not visited in eons and idly browsing there. Or taking-in a matinee without having to let anyone know or leave a note on the kitchen counter and not having to make dinner (and isn't that the best part?).

So anyway, this morning I got up before the sun did, made my pretend coffee, turned on the little heater in our Cozy Room and popped in a video which I found on the dusty Family Shelf yesterday at our local video store. I sat in Tom's recliner (another plus of these days alone--his chair is much more comfortable than mine), and I watched Mrs. 'Arris Goes To Paris, an older (1992) movie with Angela Lansbury.

Oh my. Now, my men readers might not like this one (unless you appreciate Miss Lansbury), but I majorly recommend this film. It reminds you that one person can make a huge difference in other people's lives and you feel like jumping up, racing outside and being kind to everyone you meet. Classic Angela Lansbury--I watched the whole last half with a lump in my throat. Two thumbs up!

And speaking of movies, I've updated my movie list here at my blog, the one I throw at share with anyone who says, "They just don't make good movies anymore." Okay, they might not make as many good movies anymore, but they do still make some good ones. 

Yes, they do.

So if you'd like to see a list of the movies I've enjoyed the last, oh, 14 years or so, please check out my list here

 These are the movies I can recommend with a clear conscience (especially if you own a tv guardian in some cases), but I'll warn you-- it will be obvious by some of the titles that I am often easily entertained. 

The starred titles on my list are the movies I have loved most--try not to laugh too hard at some of my choices!


******

Are there any movies not already on my list which you would recommend, ones made after 1992?


******

No comments: