Saturday, February 14, 2009



Happy Valentine's Day to all my readers! 

May your day be happy and may it come with a blue, sunny sky. The sun, here, is trying very hard to shine through wispy clouds so that it can glow through our porch windows and enable me to sit out there and feel as though I'm outside when actually, I'm not. I adore porch afternoons with books and magazines and coffee. You just don't know how much (or maybe you do).




I asked Tom for a certain Valentine gift (he loves it when I'm specific) and he bought it for me--some of that amazing decaf McCullagh coffee I told you about. Our restaurant even ground the beans for him, a kindness, especially since we don't (yet) own a coffee grinder. Really, you must find some of this stuff especially if, like me, you can only drink decaf. Now I no longer need to grumble about that!


Since Tom worked last night and is sleeping, perhaps I'll drive down to our local 50's diner and maybe drop in at our new tiny kind-of-like-a-supermarket. We'll see. We're not due for any more snow until next Wednesday (hooray!), the roads are all dry and there's that peek of sun with a balmy 30 degrees. 

So you know? In February here in Buffalo--that's certainly a whole lot to celebrate.

Again, happy Valentine's Day to you!



*****

Oh, and I so appreciated each comment from you regarding my last post. Yesterday was a very hard day and I had to pull myself away from our local news which played this tragic story over and over for 13 1/2 hours. 


For those of you who took the time and effort to contact me, I appreciate your kindness far more than you realize.


******

4 comments:

daisymarie said...

Hello! I was looking through my list of blogs and my curser rested on yours in the list. And I wondered to myself, why I had been here for a while. I love your blog. I love what you write, I am always challenged or encouraged. So why the gap? I pondered it for a while...shame. You have such a gift and your challenges to my sloth and inconsistency stirred me and I didn't always liked what I saw...so I chose not to look. I know better...way better than that. So I determined to keep reading, keep looking, keep working on me...God has promised to hang in there until completion so I shouldn't give up either. So today I want to say thanks: for your faithfulness and your honesty. Bless you great big today!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Wishing you a very Happy Valentine's Day and a lovely weekend.

Aunt Amelia
"Till I loved I never lived—enough."
~Emily Dickenson

Pearl said...

Hi Debra, So glad to hear from you, thanks so much for your comments and especially your prayers, it means the world to me. I'll also pray for the community and all the families that were lost in the airplane accident. I continue to follow your wonderful blog and am delighted always by it, you comfort me. Tell Tom Hi :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a lovely blessed Valentine's day.

PS I feel you on the decaf! My tummy can't handle regular any more so "unleaded" is all I'm allowed.