Saturday, February 17, 2007

While It Is Yet Today...


Last year I posted how, 20 pounds ago, I should have never complained about how much I weighed, but rather, I should have gone around singing gratefully because I didn't weigh more. 

I mean, what was I thinking? Now I keep trying to get back down to that weight which I thought was heavy years ago.

Sigh.

So carrying that thinking a bit farther, these are my thoughts lately:

Today my sweet, loyal husband and I are together and may I treasure each moment with him while I still can.

Today we live just a couple miles from our daughter and may we appreciate that nearness, for we'll not always live in this town.

Today our two cats are ten years old and (relatively) healthy and may I take the time to play with them on these sunny winter afternoons.

Today I can still race up and down our stairs, almost like a woman in her 20's. I still shovel snow, take long walks and ride a bicycle--may I celebrate those things, for they may not always be so.

Today my husband and I live independently, we have good friends. Our parents and siblings are still living. We own a nice home, drive a good car and enjoy freedoms because we are Americans.

Any of those may vanish in a moment. 

So this day? May I appreciate these great truths, never gazing back, wishing I'd not walked through life with my eyes upon that which did not matter.


***

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts... and be thankful." Colossians 3:15

No comments: