Sunday, February 04, 2007

So You're Looking For Old Movies?


Nancy R. commented that she'd watched the old movie, I'll Be Seeing You, upon my recommendation and loved it. I'm so glad! She asked for other 1940's movies which I enjoy so here is a list of the ones I own and nearly have memorized (though my tv-recorded vhs tape of Bachelor Mother got erased....waaaa....). Oh, and some of these are from the 1930's.

And of course, there are other old wonderful movies out there, but these are the ones I watch over and over and over...

Bachelor Mother
Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
The Enchanted Cottage
The Thin Man films
Sunset Boulevard
The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer
His Girl Friday
I'll Be Seeing You
Father of the Bride
Father's Little Dividend
Harvey

Laura
Suspicion
The Lost Weekend
The Snake Pit

The Secret Garden (with Margaret O'Brien)
The Blondie films
The Ma and Pa Kettle films
It Happened One Night
It's A Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34th Street
Our Vines Have Tender Grapes
Hold Back The Dawn


***

Do you have a couple others from this era which you'd like to recommend?

No comments: