Friday, December 29, 2006

Thinking Of Heaven...




I'd not planned to take a walk today (it's cold out there!) but I went ahead, mostly because my parents called and told me that my Aunt Marian (who I wrote about here), well, she had passed away on Christmas. Christmas morning, in fact. I almost told them, "I know," because somewhere inside me I did already know.

I think most clearly while passing those tall, old houses. Somehow I feel like the real me in a more custom-made world for my old-fashioned soul. As I walked along the sidewalks, I thought about my Aunt Marian having arrived in Heaven and how she must have been greeted by lots of people, Jesus and my grandparents (her parents) and then suddenly, the nicest scene popped into my head.

I 'saw' my Aunt Marian, her husband (my Uncle Ray), who pre-deceased her, and my grandparents--all four--sitting at the outdoor patio of a heavenly coffee shop. And it came to me that--of course! Heaven must certainly have coffee shops, ones more perfect than any in France or Italy or well, anyplace here.

And I 'saw' both those couples seated around a small table there on the coffee shop's patio, drinking coffee (such incredible coffee!) and each of them laughed, remembering good, harmonious times in the past. And looking closer, I glimpsed in the eyes of each, a light of anticipation of many more beautiful times to come in that place of Light. 

And then later, out of the cold, I stepped inside our warm house, smiling, and caught myself anticipating when I, also, will be seated around that table with those who arrived early and are waiting for me, even now.

And all was well with my soul.



******

No comments: