Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Photos On a Tuesday Night


Here are just a few pages from my favorite kids' craft book, What To Do Now by Tina Lee.

It's a favorite because it's from 1946 and every page screams 1940's! (Click to enlarge.)


And see the green file cabinet made from matchboxes? If you'll look closely at the photo below (left), you'll see the one I made years ago. I added little pearl beads for drawer pulls and each drawer is lined with Victorian art I snipped from Victorian Trading Co. catalogs. I hide teeny treasures inside the drawers.





Below is a bit of a change I made in my dream room.

And at the bottom is my laughable attempt to decorate for Christmas. I may get good grades for decorating the rest of my house, but when it comes to Christmas decorating I get a D... especially when graded on the curve with all of you who are wonders at it! (P.S. That's a paper plate behind the lamp.)

3 comments:

Deborah Makarios said...

What's the title of the book? It reminds me of one I had as a kid which I'm trying to track down again.
Thanks!

Debra said...

Hi Deborah! Oh my, I should have added the title of that book to my post. I'd spoken about it before, but that's no excuse. :) I'll go back and add it now.

So here you go: the book is called What to Do Now and was written by Tina Lee. Here's a link for you from Abebooks with lots of copies available. It's one of my favorites to peruse during a nostalgic mood! Thanks for commenting. ... Debra

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=tina+lee&sts=t&tn=what+to+do+now

Deborah Makarios said...

Thanks so much!!