Monday, February 20, 2006

Praying for My Readers




Looking for something fun to do? Pray for the people who read your blog.

No, really.

No matter what kind of a blog you keep, you can pray all sorts of things for people who stop by and read your words. You can even get sneaky and pray tons of blessings down upon that person who regularly freaks-out inside your comment box, disagreeing with everything you write. Just don't tell them, though. Wait a while until God starts to soften their heart toward you.  ツ

I often pray for my readers, that they'll--

--find peace here, especially when reading late at night, unable to sleep, searching for comfort.

--understand what I'm trying to say. That I'll never write a sort of intellectual, religious mumble-jumble Christianese which would make anyone afraid that following God is far too complicated, boring or impossible.

--find at least one little thought in each post which they can, like a stick of gum, chew upon during the busy hours ahead...

--feel the love, the nearness, the breath of God while they do what must be done each day. That they will feel closer to Him today than they did yesterday.

--awaken each morning smiling with the anticipation of spending the day with God, Himself.

--and more.

It's my idea of fun and I enjoy believing God's idea of fun is blessing others, also.



******

No comments: