Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Just Can't Title This One

" ... but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and who meditates on his law day and night.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
    which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
    whatever they do prospers."   ... Psalm 1:2,3




******




When, inside my heart, I'm relying upon God and thinking about Him like this--



-- or this --




... the cool thing is that, on the outside, I don't become like this --





And there, in pictures, is our lesson for the day.  😉





******


"You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."   ... Isaiah 26:3



******


So last week I finished reading that book I mentioned--






... and oh. My. Goodness. Ever since, I've not stopped feeling extreme gratitude for the life I have (the one I sometimes complain about).

Wow. If, lately, thankfulness has felt hazy and elusive for you, I seriously recommend this book. Dare I say it's haunting and will not leave you the same person?


******



Speaking of things I cannot shake .... My buddy, Dolores, shared this photo with me--


--and I can't stop staring at it. I've one small corner upstairs that needs major help and I'm thinking these colors and ideas just may be the answer. Stay tuned.



******



Oh! And last week Naomi won 2 free tickets to our local Bills vs. Patriots football game and as an early Christmas gift, she took Tom this past Sunday. They had the best time (Naomi is such a Daddy's girl), especially since Tom's favorite team is the Patriots and they won!  😊




And like I said at Facebook --

(And for anyone thinking, "Aww, poor ol' Debra couldn't go," puh-lease... I would have sat there for hours and whined things like, "It's soo cold. I hate football. Is it time to go yet? For Pete's sake, can't we leave early?" Seriously.)



Oh, we must know ourselves! Our strengths, our weaknesses, our likes, our dislikes. Being true to the way God made us just might save others from having to put up with our out-of-sync, no-Grace crabbiness. 

As I always say-- learn to recognize Grace, then follow her close!




"On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me."   ... 1 Corinthians 15:10


******

2 comments:

Betsy said...

That does look like a great book. I’ll have to see if our local library has it, as I have spent too much money for yarn the last couple of months on top of Christmas. I talked about about prayer in my blog post this morning. I don’t know what I would do without having the Lord to rely on. I truly loved the first bit of your post today. Don’t you wonder what people do who don’t have Him in their lives? I hope you have a wonderful day my friend.
Blessings, Betsy

Vee said...

Debra, I have been reading here for months now without commenting. That alone is a terribly selfish thing to do when someone is pouring out such good material and blessing the blogging community. (I don’t promise to mend my ways quite yet as I am “out straight.”) Just wanted you to know how often your words bless me...like today when I read about losing teeth...have lost two in the past month...thanks, Dad! 😏 I am “prone to wander” and so your God-centered posts, filled also with your personal honesty, are uplifting. I don’t remember who pointed me here, but if she should come by, I’d like to also thank her. Many blessings this Christmas season...