Wednesday, December 06, 2017

December This and That (And Some Shopping Stuff)

1.) Sometimes I miss the ol' hometown where I finished high school, met Tom, and where we began our little family, the town from whose obituaries I occasionally share lines with you.

So recently, at Ebay, I found a postcard from Chester, CA and now display it within our hutch --




What a delight to walk past this and remember those younger-us days.


2.) Oh! It's that rare time of year when Dollar Tree, for 72 hours only, offers a flat shipping rate of $4.95 for your entire order. Normally, you must pay, like, $7+ shipping on every single case you buy(!), so this, folks, is special.  😏 Check it out here (offer ends 12/8 at 11:59 p.m.).


3.)  Two fun things to watch:

The Carol Burnett 50th Anniversary Special.  (During my lone college year I got to watch a dress rehearsal of her show. Such a terrific memory!) You can actually watch this anniversary show online right this minute. Go here.

The Psych Movie. This was a favorite tv series of our family and they're returning on Thursday for a reunion movie. Should be fun.

Oh! Want to watch it online? Go here.


4.) Here's a great idea for renters or others who'd like a new backsplash, but not pay a high price in cash/construction messes/patience -- White Subway Tile Temporary Backsplash. Pretty cool!


5.)  Look what I found at Etsy --




Fits my kinda-sorta-French bathroom perfectly. (Doesn't it feel great when you stop procrastinating and just make the improvements you've considered for years?)


6.)  Now here's something you don't see everyday(!)


7.)  Sometimes I think, "Wouldn't it be pleasant to have prints made of my favorite digital photos that I've taken? (Our printer, being a headache, is evil and I avoid it.)

Well, finally I got serious. Monday I visited various places online that will mail photo prints to you, but good grief! Complication City.





Sorely tempted to give up, a tiny voice said, "Try Walmart." For goodness sake! Clicked over there and easey-peasey. Yet one more thing to add to my What Took You So Long? list. Sheesh.  (And we're not talking wedding photos here, so I'm not expecting perfection. Just some prints to hold in my hands and to send to my mom, as well.)


8.) The strangest thing happened! While signing up for a free month at Hulu, my Ebates button popped up, saying, "Save up to $25." So while thinking that didn't even apply in this case, I clicked the button anyway.

Hours later I received a typical 'cash back update email' from Ebates and whoa! They said I'd earned $15 because of signing up with Hulu. And here I'd planned to cancel and pay nothing(!)

But anyway, of course now I feel guilty. In fact, if I were the boss at Ebates, I'd march over and snatch that $15 away from me, pronto.  😊 But hey, Hulu does have some great tv series. Hmmm. Perhaps I'll stay awhile longer, especially since, technically, it'd be free.

(Oh, and the reason I signed-up? Bronson Pinchot (at Facebook) said Hulu has all seasons of Perfect Strangers.  Hooray!)

9.  Had another gorgeous sunrise this week --



Can you believe God's creativity?


10.) And lastly, how do I spend my credit card rewards cash? On votives for our fireplace each Winter. 





Just looking at those flickering flames in the sundae glasses warms me till Springtime. 😉 



******






******

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Good deal on Hulu and thanks for the tip about the Carol Burnett show. I missed it so now I can go watch it. We're actually thinking of retiring to the small town I grew up in back in Iowa. Much lower property taxes which sounds really nice. Also middle of the country so easy to travel places with our camper which we hope to do. Still thinking, thinking, thinking about it. We love the Pacific NW, but have no family here. Your postcard made me think of all this again.
Have a lovely day my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Pam said...

Debra, I always enjoy your posts! Thank you for sharing your life with all of us. I hope that you, Tom, and Naomi will be blessed during this wonderful Christmas season. Hugs to you!

Debra said...

Thanks so much, Besty and Pam, for so faithfully commenting here! I always appreciate what you each say and that you take the time to let me know you enjoy what I write. Again, thank-you, and may you so enjoy this holiday season. Blessings, Debra