Monday, November 07, 2016

On Election Eve


 



So tomorrow is the big day and like many of you, I'll be glad when it's over. Admit it. Election schmection.

But then, I'm glad now, too.

Well, mostly. See, Tom and I had another argument last night, a loud one (poor Daniel jumped on top of the entertainment center and began meowing at us to knock off the noise. Seriously weird, that was.). Our words were boring, too, boring because they came from the same tired old record groove as of late.

Blah, blah, blah. Don't you especially hate it when you thought the other person finally heard/understood you, but hadn't? At all?

Maybe it's something in the air. The Times? The Election? Though around our house, that's relatively a tiny blip. Honest. In great part because of verses like these:


"God controls the course of world events; he removes kings and sets up other kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars. He reveals deep and mysterious things and knows what lies hidden in darkness, though he is surrounded by light."   ... Daniel 2:21-22

... and whichever way it goes, I believe God will take care of me/His kids who love Him.

Anyway. This morning God's healing me (again) and I remember how, on Friday, He nudged me to spend the day with Him, to set aside tasks till later. A hint of things to come, but I knew not what.

What I'm noticing? All of us these days must live with Great Determination, especially in obeying God and hugging Him close. We so need His ways, lest others' dupe us.

His ways are not worried or afraid ways.
Nor are they condemning or self-pity or give-up ways, either.

No, His ways take us through anything. With great, passionate, 24/7 love, even while we annoyingly still stumble around in our weaknesses. Yes, even then.

There's more, but there's also laundry around here and sweeping of sidewalks and ironing to be done. Then tomorrow on schmection election day, I'll walk over to the school which I can conveniently spy from our window, and cast my vote, even though the name of our true deliverer won't be found on my ballot.

And then I'll stroll back home, smiling while believing for God's best in this life these next few years. No matter what.

Even so.






******


"Father, give us grace to bear with one another in love, just like you're patient with us in perfect love."   ... Neil Vermillion


******


This was so beautiful, I could hardly handle it. The song and the room.   :)


******




******


Free Kindle Books:

Jane Eyre

The Complete Anne of Green Gables Collection

Creativity

Teepees and Trailer Parks






******


Did you know today is Billy Graham's 98th birthday?

And it would have been my grandfather's 111th birthday. Oh my. He's still so 'today' to me, still so close.


Oh, and are you prepared for tomorrow? In all ways you can possibly think of, just in case?  May we all be ready, come what may.



******

2 comments:

Pam said...

Regardless of how the election turns out, I will celebrate Billy Graham's birthday!!! Now there's a man who has truly made a difference for the kingdom of God.

Debra said...

Pam--so very true that he's certainly made a difference for the kingdom of God! Miracles always happen when any of us allow God to use us as He sees best, right?

Thanks, Pam! Blessings, Debra