Thursday, November 17, 2016

At My House

1.) So we have two 'kitchen dressers' and yesterday I completed Step 1 in the redo of one.




It needs another coat of paint and some washers from the garage so the new knobs don't jiggle like crazy, but even so, it's better and as I whispered while washing the paint from my fingers, "Better is better." 

It is, you know. And even tiny home improvements count. Make a peace-giving difference.

Hopefully soon I'll paint the other dresser and oh! Look at these Ebay drawer pulls now winging their way to my house:




                                        (But they're gold, not green.)


Totally lost my heart at first sight. Anyone else like them? The sellers even subtracted all sorts of shipping costs since I bought 6. Nice.

Are these slow but steady changes to my not-a-colonial house making me happier? Yes, yes they are. Thanks for asking.


2.) TV Talk: Tom's and my favorite new shows? Timeless. This Is Us. Pure Genius. Conviction (Darn! Just read it was cancelled). 

My still-favorites of everything out there? NBC's Chicago shows: Fire, Med, PD. In that order. Terrific writing, especially for Chicago Med, of which I can't watch without tearing-up.

Did you watch this week's The Middle? Perfection. No, really.

And people say there's nothing good on tv nowadays. Pish posh.




3.) Our cats are goofy. Total box-lovers.






4.) Last week, a very dear friend sent me this waited-for-decades-for-such-a-thing book:



Of course I devoured it and yes, the information was bittersweet as I'd guessed it would be. But still, I'm so happy and grateful for this book! (Lots of never before seen photos, as well.) 

So another thank-you goes to the special sender, you-know-who-you-are, one of a handful of my readers here since 2004(!) 



5.)  The day after the election I searched around on our tv for Fox News. Had no idea where it was, for I'd not watched it in probably 9 years. Or maybe ever. I forget.

And uh-oh, Debra's still taking peeks at it (and other news shows--deal with it) and even added some pundits on her Twitter feed. 

Clearly, the world is ending.  :)



6.) And lastly, a prediction. (I never do this, at my blog, anyway, but hey. Sometimes you have to go with your gut). 

Soon I believe we'll start hearing teachings everywhere about Bible verses dealing with 'light'. Like all these. And this passage:

 " ... the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”   ... From John 3

And the word 'expose,' as well. Time will tell, of course. About many recent happenings.

Please give God time. And people, too, for time is always required to fix broken things. God's not in a hurry nor in a rush to see His plans happen--His timing is always perfect, even if we don't see it that way. It just is.



******


And as I stated over at Facebook---Truly, these are exciting times in which to be a Christian!




******


“Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.”      ― Matshona Dhliwayo









“You don't have to be in hurry in life. 
Everything happens in sacred-time.” 
― Lailah Gifty Akita






******


Free Kindle Books:


Choc Churro Murder

The Tour:  A Trip Through Ireland



******

2 comments:

Robin in New Jersey said...

This is Us is fantastic. I am wondering what Randall will do when he finds out what his mother did. Thursday night's episode drove me nuts when Jack told the kids they would talk about it when they got home and then they never talked about it! My daughter and I were wondering how they would handle it and what they would say to the boys.

Have a great day!

Debra said...

Robin--so glad you also like This Is Us! Isn't it unique? I enjoy how it's written like many of today's books--back and forth between the present and the past. I'm also happy that I can actually follow it without getting confused. heh. Each week it makes me think--gotta appreciate that, also.

Thanks for commenting! Blessings, Debra