Friday, April 17, 2015

The Reader's Digest Condensed Version of My Blog :)

It's here!

My condensed version of As I See It Now, The First Seven Years, that is. Though thankfully, its title is better than that:

Lessons Learned in Old Houses

I'll continue to edit that thing probably till I die (and I've not made certain the few links work), but still, it's out there now for you to read, if you wish.  And feel free to send the link to anyone you think might enjoy a peek at my life at Autumn Cottage and The Apartment and our Healing Acres Farm.

And for those of you who've, over the years, asked that I write a book, Lessons Learned in Old Houses is especially for you. Thank-you, much, for your encouragement.

So rather than blather on here, I'll let you visit that new-ish land of houses and lessons learned. Let me know what you think, ok?


**********






**********


Free Kindle Books:


By Summer's End

A Life Restored


**********

7 comments:

lorie said...

Well, there goes my weekend!

Debra said...

Oh Dolores! You crack me up. Thank-you. :)

Pam said...

I never expected to enjoy your writing the second time around as much as the first...but I DO!! I read the first two chapters nearly non-stop. I just know this book is going to bless many readers. Job well done, Debra!

Anonymous said...

Oh Debra, I had to FORCE myself to stop reading or I'll be up all night!!!! Really loved the post about how 90% of your life is regular everyday things, and how you can choose to enjoy them. You are SO right. Not saying that I will ever LOVE to vacuum, but most of the rest of it all I really DO enjoy. Just wanted to tell you that you really hit the nail on the proverbial head! But then, I could say that about everything you write! :)

Debra said...

Pam--you are such an encourager! Thank-you so much. Your words meant a lot.

Susan--my other encourager! Thank-you much. I'm glad you liked that 90% post--it changed how I viewed so much of my life.

Thanks, Ladies, for your words which help keep me writing! Blessings, Debra

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I'm slowly reading through your Lessons Learned in Old Houses and being inspired all the way! Good job, Debra!

Debra said...

Kristi--thank-you! And thanks for rereading my adventures once again. Your encouragement throughout the years has meant much to me and I am grateful for you. Blessings, Debra