Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday With a Different Spin


From last year:


"Why do you seek the living One among the dead? "He is not here, but He has risen."   ... from Luke 24

*****


So as I always tell you every single Good Friday, I hope you didn't come here expecting to hear the ol', "Don't be unhappy--- Sunday is coming!" thing.

Uh, no. 


I simply cannot put Jesus back in the tomb all over again, for I can't, not even for 2 minutes (and especially not for a whole Friday and Saturday!) imagine waiting around for Him to rise again, living without Him in the meantime. 


My relationship with Jesus is moment-by-moment. He's more of a real friend to me than any of you are, even (no offense) and I believe this is why I've not had one single desert experience over the last 20 years ( a desert? With He who is the Living Water? How does that even work?). It's because Jesus knows that--without a very real sense of His constant presence--I'd be a disaster, a basket case and Life would be all wrong and senseless and lonely and well, dreadful.


And He didn't die so that I (or anyone else) could switch from a worldly misery to a Christian misery. ( I know too many bummed-out, lonely Christians. It's sad.) No, Jesus died to give us abundant, overflowing, joy-infused Life. And that's what He, alone, gives me. Minute by minute, daily, year-around.


So today, yes, I'll recall Jesus' amazing sacrifice on the cross, but oh! Mostly I'll remember that He has already risen and is within me, beside me-- He has risen, indeed!









**********







And also from 2013:

Before you go.... Guess who got these groceries for her basement stockpile today for only $5.04? Woo hoo!




*****




Happy Easter to each of my kind readers!!

**********





6 comments:

Terra said...

Amen, blog sister.

RMC1 said...

INSIGHT that only comes through a personal, intimate, heart-to-heart relationship with the Living Jesus through the Holy Spirit who lives within every born again child of GOD. Debra, you might not be a "preacher" in the formal sense of the word, but you have been given a "pulpit" that reaches many people. PRAISE THE LORD!

Robin in New Jersey said...

Happy Easter, Debra!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Blessed and Joyful Easter, Debra and Tom! And Noemi, too!

Bonnie said...

Just checking in at the end of a long day to say Happy Easter, Debra! We had a nice day at home and good weather so we were on the patio for our ham dinner. I hope you and Tom had a joyous day, too.

Debra said...

Thank-you, Everyone, for your kind comments and well wishes! I hope each of you enjoyed a lovely Easter weekend. Blessings, Debra