Wednesday, August 15, 2012

We're Not The Odd Ones

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."  ... John 3:17


********

Weeks ago I realized something, namely, Christians are not the strange ones in this world. 

Nope. Non-Christians are the odd ones.

God sent Jesus to this planet to save everyone, He created a plan to where we could all receive Jesus, live an abundant life here then sail to Heaven for eternal adventures.

Christians cooperate with the plan that the Creator of Us All made.

But it's the non-Christians who don't get it. It's the famous (and not-so) non-believers, the actors, journalists, scientists, politicians, writers who are confused. Strange. Anyone who says God is real, but Jesus isn't important is ignorant of The Only Plan That Truly Matters. 

Unbelievers are our planet's strange ones for not desiring God's Plan.

So why do we allow them to intimidate us? Make us feel deceived or small or weird?

We get it. We're the ones who understand. 

And it's time to use compassion toward the confused ones. Perhaps they'll decide God is real after they see His loving hands reaching out through ours... and be clueless no more.


***********


"He that has not the Son of God has not life."  ... 1 John 5:12

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things have become new." ... 2 Corinthians 5:17

"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly."  ... John 10:10


**************

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On a little side note..if I may. I used to notice people making reference to God the holy one and such. Generic comments. My sisters reminded me..which God? I later listened to some of these people talking and they were thanking Mother Nature as god ..or such and seemed ignorant that that was not who we were talking about. I have heard people say all god are the same. All religions who believe in a higher being are the same god. Oh yea?...
I think like so much any more that we have it right and they don't is another of the upside down things.I know it is right but they don't see it like that anymore. As mentioned before so many of the institutions of civilized manners and such now a days which once were thought of as down right wrong are now oh so right {to some that is}. I won't get on a soapbox about it...everyone understands. Thanks for this post... Sarah

Debra said...

Hi Sarah! As always, thanks for commenting. I just had a question about the way you said, "everyone understands."Did you mean even the unsaved? Because this is the verse which came to my mind:

"Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God." ... 2 Corinthians 4:4

I truly believe that's why we must pray that the unsaved will *want* to see the light and open their hearts before it is too late.

It takes the spirit of God to understand God--and until He brings a person's spirit to life--they cannot understand His truth with their natural mind, as it says here:

"The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Cor. 2:14.

Another reason we must pray for others...

I probably should have added these verses to my post. Thanks for reminding me about them! Blessings, Debra

Anonymous said...

No, It is late and my mind is a bit muddled at this moment....but reading and thinking back I think I was meaning they understand that things used to be different ....people understand that things have changed. {{ although now I must add I should have know better as many are young and only know how things are recently and do not know that things Were different . They do Not know the extent that morals have flipped upside down in so many ways etc. Also if they do not have the Bible for a moral compass they also cannot know what course to follow and where they are through satan being blindly led }} You have though brought up a very important thought that should be added and I thank you for adding this.
Are you thinking of adding your comment to me pertaining to the doctrine and scripture about their Not understanding because satan has rendered them blind to their own folly onto this post? Yes!!! we do need to mindfully and seriously pray for any unsaved. Many ...possibly even unsaved, might read your post but might not go on and read the comments if you did not add it and so would miss out on this important aspect of it all. I have to stop and remember many times that ones I love do not understand because they do not know Him or believe. Sarah