Saturday, August 25, 2012

Around The Yard



So. If a person can be both busy and lazy at the same time, that's me lately. I took a mini summer vacation from this blog because--as you other bloggers know--sometimes you just need to get away, just you and God like in the Old Days. Without an audience.

So I relaxed, read books, did the ironing, gave both cats a bath, drove to Home Depot twice, used our dishwasher a scandalous amount of times and I also created that little flower bed, above. Cute, huh? A dream came true, one which required work (as most do), but what matters most is that I enjoyed the journey. Well, hauling in bricks and dirt from Home Depot is not great fun, but necessary, so best done with an anticipatory attitude and dreams shining within ones eyes.

And guess what? This morning we got an estimate to have the house and garage painted and wow... The amount is less than half of the one-wall brick estimate. Yay! I so want this place painted, like, yesterday.

So things are coming along. In fact, I thought I'd share Before and After photos of our yard with you. Here's the Before (from last October, or so):




And here's the After, as of today:



With a closer view of the side yard (I know you are sick of this side....but this is what I think of before I sleep. Gardening--it gets inside you,):





And now I'll return to enjoying another simple summer day with books and quiet and sweet gratitude for this season of my life, one which will not last forever, for seasons frequently change. And that's why I hold them upon my open palm, grasping tightly only to God who changes not.





**********

Thought you other optimistic decorator types might like this.

**********


6 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, Debra, you have really made some beautiful changes in just one season! Can't wait to see more.

Anonymous said...

Your yard looks beautiful and so well cared for. Your hard work has made it a wonderful place! Taryn

Terra said...

Yes, the bricks and flowers are cute, and gardening can get inside us. How good the bid for painting is more reasonable than your other plan.
And you iron! Not me!

Anonymous said...

I love it that your before and after pictures of the yard are under each other and can be viewed together. As mentioned already by another commenter you sure Have made some big changes in so short a time!!! I will admit seeing your work inside and out spurs me on to go and get on with projects around here! Thank you!! The work I did the other day was something I had been putting off for what seemed like forever! It feels so good now to have it done! :) The yard looked much better too. :-) I am sure your neighbors are loving the new views too. .. Sarah

Pearl said...

Hi Debra! I haven't been around here in a long time, I hope you are still enjoying your new home. This all looks lovely to me. Enjoy Hugs, Pearl

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are making progress there. Nice area around the tree that you just made!

Liked seeing that narrow house too. Where there is a will there is a way!