Thursday, November 18, 2004

Mystery Blog



There's someone on my blog list whose writing I study. I'll only call her The Mystery Woman because we all need a little mystery in our lives...

I'm not even sure she reads my blog and I'm pretty certain she's not looking for a traffic jam over at her's. So if my description of her intrigues you, you will have to click through my whole blog roll (but that's a good thing because everybody over there is special for different reasons).

I visit The Mystery Woman's blog often just to stare at her words. "Why am I so mesmerized by them?," I ask myself. "Why do I zip over to her blog first thing in the morning as though real-live coffee and donuts await me there? Why, in my heart, am I longing to write like she does? Why?"

So far, I have only sketchy answers. They came to me last night while I tossed and turned, then I think God gave me a break and explained a few of the answers so I could finally return to my dreams.

The Mystery Woman is honest. She shares from a vulnerable heart, one which is unafraid to show us exactly how she feels. She reminds us of a childhood friend from long ago. A foggy, hazy friend who we only vaguely recall because she introduced us to a silly, creative way of looking at life--and then she moved away.

The Mystery Woman captures, in beautiful words, delicious thoughts which flicker and are gone when most people think them. Her words call back the warm flicker, though, and we think, 'Yes! I've felt that way, too. But I'd forgotten."

The Mystery Woman uses simple words. Each one has layers of meaning because of the way she uses them--she expresses what she has known and experienced for herself. She doesn't try to impress us with words the length of a train and she almost never links to others' words in Blogdom. Her heart is so full, that it will take years to deplete the wonder found there (if that's possible).

The Mystery Woman writes from her heart's deepest places. When she describes standing next to Jesus in His big winter coat while waiting for a ride, well, you believe her. Even people who don't believe in Jesus would find it hard not to see The Mystery Woman leaning against His shoulder for warmth. They'd find it difficult to condemn her faith--it's extremely hard to condemn that which is so real to another person, especially if that reality causes you to thirst for the same thing.

You'll have to excuse me. It's time to escape back over to the Mystery Woman's blog for more coffee, another donut and more time for study.



******

2 comments:

Saija said...

the mystery woman may have a special touch, but you have a nice way with words too . . . i just thought i'd peak at your blog after seeing your note on rick's, a new life emerging blog (he usually gets me thinking about something!) . . . i felt right at home on your site and could have read your thoughts for abit longer! i've just started blogging and i'm still trying to figure out sidebars and stuff!!! so far i'm a little afraid to put things into the template for fearing of losing things! and i'm not quite understanding SOMETHING to get more personal touches into the blog . . .

i will definitely return to see what your blog evolves into . . . nice to have so many different christians to have "coffee" with . . . Lord bless ya, saija

Debra said...

Thanks, Everyone! Saija--Oh, I know what you mean about the template. I just try adding one thing at a time,then I click preview, and if it didn't come out right, I just click the button which restores the template to the way it was before. At first, I was really nervous about messing up the whole thing, but after awhile I got braver and just had fun with it. :o) Thanks for visiting my blog and come again!
Radiant Spirit--It was a sentence in your terrific blog which inspired me to write this post. Thanks so much!
A special thanks for all who have left such nice comments...God bless... Debra