Monday, February 27, 2017

All Lamps Matter



"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another ..."   1 John 1:7


******


Anyone notice there's a war going on out there? Wow, you turn on the tv and there goes your dream that maybe people are becoming more sensible.

But there is good news. All that strife makes it easier to obey this --

Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever."  1 John 2:15,17


There's a whole lot about this world I'm not loving right now. 

But then I watch the news and remember, hey! This world is not our home. And that sets me to dreaming about the next world (Heaven) where people will actually always get along(!)




Anyway. Most Februaries I'm complaining about snow, but not this warm, sunny one. So I've used my time to ponder instead (smarter use) and what I've remembered?

Spiritual wars are fought in different ways. Sometimes God asks us to march in unity or to stand, alone, speaking His words in power. Or He asks for our silence, especially if our emotions are considering Blab Fests. Or to pray with a faith directly from His heart. Or to simply stand, undistracted by the chaos--and acting as a light.

But how sad, the inward fighting. The criticizing that your battle methods aren't like mine so mine are less--or--heeding the self-doubt that whispers, "Shouldn't you be racing to the front lines instead of attending what looks more like a quilting bee?"

If only we'd all just listen to God for ourselves. 

He's more like a symphony director who sees all instruments as vital. He knows each soldier in a battle, matters, even if his part is to hold up a light by which others may see to continue to wield their swords.

Besides, our small lights, in unity, meld together into a huge glowing ball, each becoming indistinguishable in all the bright glory reflecting the incredible face of God. And that is what matters most.










******





 Pauline Duncan-Thrasher quotes 




 Randa Manning-Johnson quotes 




******

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Amen. Amen. Amen. Amen. I can't say it enough. I'm SO tired of the fighting and anger out there right now. If you don't agree with me, or me, or me, (insert the appropriate name), you're wrong and don't care about this group, or that group or the world in general.
God has this under control and will use me as HE sees fit. I've never, ever been good at debating or discussing world, or any big issues. I get emotional and cry. So I'm silent throughout all of this. I refuse to participate in the discussions on blogs, facebook or other venues.
God has this under control and will use me as HE sees fit. Yes, I know I repeated myself. I say it to myself all of the time.
One thought I have always vocalized and will always vocalize though is where was and is, all of the outrage for the precious babies that are killed daily. And that is all I will say.
Blessings my friend,
Betsy

Enid said...

Betsy and your sentiments reflect mine. The Lord is in control of EVERYTHING and EVERYONE! I, too, have not entered into any discussions on blogs that involve one sided discussions that lean to the outcome of the election ..all very negative, and which do not help the U.S or it's problems. I have strong feelings about what has happened to our country, but I will use my vote and prayer to help change the course it is on.
I really want to ignore newscasts....except that, as a believer I look at their world view different than mine....so I am okay with that!

Debi @ Tuesdays Child said...

Debra, thanks for a wonderful post and one that I needed right now.

It drives me half crazy with the way things are anymore with people totally not making any sense. Men saying they're women and women saying they're a man, people at town halls shouting and causing trouble and oh my goodness, if a prayer is said at a rally they shout the pastor down and it goes on and on and on ...

With so much of this [people of the world] not making sense and combine that with the things that are being done and hatred being spewed, I was starting to feel nearly hopeless but you're right, we have God and we DO have hope. Praise the Lord!

God did give us HIS peace and HIS way is love [though I think still I have a lot of work to do or to let God do in my heart yet as I don't always feel very loving when I see and hear things that are totally contrary to being good and right.)

Thank you again so much for your words, they're a gift and I so appreciate them!