Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Still Have a Ways to Go? It's Ok.




"The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe."   ... Proverbs 29:25



****

It's funny... Just when I think I'm totally over the 'caring what other people think' thing, I see our local news' out-and-about guy, Kevin, at an aerobics place this morning and I thought, "Wow. Before I'd walk into an exercise class like that one, I'd have to buy some spiffy work-out clothes, get back into shape and lose 20 pounds."

Heh.

And then I remembered how--the few times I've gone to the hairdresser's--I've always washed my hair right before, even though she'll wash it again when I get there. (Can't have her think I always go around with an oily scalp, you know.)

And if I ever hired someone to clean my house? I'd have to scrub and organize each room before the cleaners arrived, lest the mess embarrass me. Lest they leave and whisper to each other, "Wow, what a slob."

So I still have a ways to go. :)

But at least I'm able to see how very far God's brought me along--and that encouragement keeps me moving up the road. Keeps me believing there's more progress ahead, as well. 

God's brought me too far for me to give-up or to start whining, "It's too hard! It's just too hard." With God and Grace, nothing's too hard--unless I'm trying to crawl back to the Past and live there, instead.



**********

"... for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose."   ... Philippians 2:13


"For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ."   ... Galations 1:10


************


Oh! And Bonnie reminded me.... There's a Boy Meets World spin-off in the works right now! Girl Meets World. Read about it here.

**********

Buffalo has already received nearly 3 inches more rain than its normal June total. Gah. I can almost do the back stroke across our lawn. :) Oh well, no drought problems here very soon!

*******

"No one in aviation ever moved forward by clinging to the past."  ... from a Delta ad

1 comment:

Pat said...

Oh I sure can identify with so many of those one step forwards! I finally go to the hairdresser without first washing me hair...a major step for me, LOL!
I agree about cleaning the house before hiring someone to clean it, I'd probably do the same thing!