Sunday, June 16, 2013

Choices!


I shared this 'Queenism' at Facebook and thought I'd share it here, also.

My own life became immeasurably more happy and peaceful when I realized I could choose to become happy and peaceful ... but I had to release wrong thinking, blaming, making excuses and even certain people in order for Life to change into something very, very good.


And today? Today I'm lecturing myself to choose to be creative and cheerful even though it's dark and raining again. This is becoming the most grey, rainiest Spring of all the 20 I recall in Buffalo(!) so the test becomes-- will my own insides become dark? Or will they shine, will the light spread, will I still create--anyway?


Happy Father's Day to my readers!


********



"But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."   Joshua 24:15


“How would your life be different if…You stopped allowing other people to dilute or poison your day with their words or opinions? Let today be the day…You stand strong in the truth of your beauty and journey through your day without attachment to the validation of others” 
― Steve MaraboliLife, the Truth, and Being Free


“We are our choices.” 
― Jean-Paul Sartre



*********


Here are some lovely cottage gardens for you...


*********


Some of my best shopping deals lately?



2 bottles of Kraft Barbeque sauce for 8 cents each.


2 Betty Crocker cake mixes 7 cents each


1.5 lbs. of pork niblets/steaks, free


8 bags of Chex Mix--got paid .30 cents for buying them


14 oz. turkey link sausage, free


5 oz. Earthbound Farms organic salad for .49 cents

No comments: