Thursday, October 18, 2012

As Political As I Get

So it makes me sad that some of my Christian friends have gone all ballistic  over this upcoming election, allowing it to rent whole acres of space inside their heads without them realizing it.

But at least one of my young anti-establishment relatives is still keeping a sense of humor about it all. He posted this cartoon yesterday:



... and I had to laugh because I could just see this happening in his home. :)


**********

But other friends of mine are still happy, thank-goodness. One of them (who I've known since she was 3) posts delightful photos like these of her young son:



Is that adorable or what? Easy to imagine these kids as married adults, the husbands discussing sports and the wives looking over flowers one of them just planted.

And since Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever, Life is still amazing, Folks, even during all this dire election bantering. And may we never forget that.


***********

Oh, I found another terrific book at Dollar Tree. Some of you will groan and roll your eyes, but others of you may want to read this:



Frankly, I could not put this down for two days. Incredibly interesting and I don't care what other reviewers said, I found her mission and her sense of humor a delight. Read about this interesting book here.

Back to my vacation. Over and out.  :)


********


"The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I (Jesus) came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it [a]overflows)."  ... John 10:10


*********

1 comment:

Terra said...

The photo of the children and your take on it is cute.