Monday, July 25, 2011

What I'm Watching (Please Be Kind...)

Oh! I forgot to tell you something.

Most likely because it's so embarrassing to do so.

But here goes: Last week I began instant-Netflixing the tv series, Man v. Food.

There, I said it. Whew. (Wasn't sure if I could admit it to you. We are talking major guilty pleasure here. Major.)

Oh my, goodness. I love that show! Really. But the odd thing? It flies in the face of everything I believe and have preached about food. Everything. But yeah, yeah.... Still, I love watching the host, Adam, travel around to all these diners, eating the yummiest-looking junk food your eyes ever beheld.

He even takes these challenges--eats a ton of bbq (or whatever fill-in-the-blank) in order to win t-shirts and/or to have his picture put up on a wall.

Oh dear. While Adam (who's hilarious and makes me laugh aloud) is eating all that fatty, cheesy, salty stuff, I pray for him. I pray that he (and his fellow diner-visitors) will get some common sense and stop eating that way so that he'll live past 40.

(Though I did read that he tries to eat sensibly on the days he's not filming. So there's that.)

I can't get over how it's almost like tasting all that food, myself. Well, not all of it, because hey! I would never eat all of that fried, buttery, chewy, delectable--uh--food. But oh my, the reckless, comfort-food-loving part of me can nearly taste those bbq'd ribs and the burgers and steaks, myself. I mean, the milkshakes Adam drank today! I almost wiped away the coffee milkshake moustache from my own mouth afterward. 

(Hey, I said almost.)

Gah. I  know I shouldn't like that show. It stands for everything in the food world gone wrong. I know it's a sin to eat like a proverbial pig.

But still I watch. And I thought I should confess this to you on my 7th blogiversary, of all days.

Forgive me.  シ



******

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it too and can't figure out why he isn't already wide and he is tall.

MarzieCX said...

Ooo I am the same, hubby hates it, thnks its promotes gluttony.. (Which it does) but it gives me really great inspiration for new recipes to try :) Thats how I justify it ;)

Deborah Raney said...

Happy blogiversary, Debra! Thank you for 7 years of inspiration, entertainment and friendship! (Actually, I'm not sure I discovered you that long ago, but however may years I've been reading your blog, it's been a pleasure!)

Judy said...

Happy Blog-versary to you Debra!

Donetta said...

silliness is a part of a humorous life