Monday, July 21, 2008




Oh. My. Goodness.

Our new windows arrived today! The upstairs windows are all installed and I can't even describe the difference between 100-year-old rickety, chipped, dirty brown-painted windows and brand new gleaming white ones. In fact, I don't even want to hang the curtains back up. Who needs curtains anyway? :)

That's how amazing these windows are (as I sit here surrounded by workmen, heaped-together furniture, loud machines and big holes in our bay window where windows will soon go).

Just wanted to let you know about this latest enormous beyond-belief blessing. How wonderful to have windows which close all the way, ones which don't have to be yanked, heaved and propped open with sticks. Windows you don't have to get down on your knees to open (the upstairs ones were like that), ones which don't crash down with a bang or open with a piercing shreeek.

Later in the day--



Here's a close-up of the valance I made for the kitchen window. Reminds me of stained glass when I glance up there.




And a close-up of the baking pantry valance, though I simply could not get the lighting right. sigh. As with all my photos they look better in-person. Oh, and I just used my collection of close-out dinner linen napkins to make these. No sewing!

God is good (but then, He was good even when we still had junky old windows).  😃



******


Oh, and has anyone seen the movie, Under the Piano? Tom and I Netflixed it and enjoyed it much, though he kept getting wildly mad at the mother. :) Megan Follows, as an autistic sevant, was amazing, but then, isn't she always?

******


P.S. It would be a miracle if you noticed, but the screen on the kitchen window is too short. The only mistake in the whole bunch--it's been reordered. Turns out this present one will be an extra for an upstairs window in case (heaven forbid) something should happen later.


******

3 comments:

Saija said...

excited for you! :o)
it's great to get something that major all fixed and done ... especially before winter too ... yay!

Robin in New Jersey said...

Ahhh...wonderful. I can tell you are enjoying them already!

Judy said...

Oh, how nice!